Saturday, July 30, 2016

Red Panda Context Reverb Review



I had my reservations about the Red Panda Context reverb.

The first thing I noticed is the lack of stereo ins and outs, which is not a smart descision on their part. But I put my reservations about this aside.

The pedal actually suprised me. It isn't to far gone from many other reverb "mode" pedals out there. As I was going through the different modes, I was suprised at how great each one sounded. Every mode on here sounds fantastic.

Even the gated mode sounds good when used with moderate settings.

The delay mode was actually my favorite. The first thing that hit me was I loved the decay on the repeats. It sounded very analog. Next, you could dial the mix of the delay up to decent levels. Also nice. It also had the ability to do infinate repeats and you could tweak with the time. But it never got out of control volume wise which was nice.

I would say the pedal is well worth the money, and worth forgiving the lack of stereo inputs. But, if you NEED stereo in your reverb, then this might be a deal killer.

I'm a bit disapointed they didn't try to go for "Spring" reverb. I would have loved to have heard their take on that. But they stuck to doing what they do offer well. I can't complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment